Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Darn you, life!

So various Real Life stuff has been getting in the way of my actually reading 1 Henry VI (namely, midterms last week, Othello tech this week, etc., etc.). However, since I have this blog, I'm gonna make regular postings on it even if I don't have all that much progress to report. So yes. I am enjoying 1 Henry VI thus far. Considering that Henry VI seems to be the least remembered of the Henries (is that the plural? somehow I doubt it...), things are pretty interesting, though the titular king has not shown up yet, probably cause he's still in swaddling clothes.

I'm going to try as hard as I can to finish the play this afternoon, which means I should be able to give my full thoughts either today or tomorrow morning. I wouldn't bet too much money on it, though. Luckily spring break begins for me tomorrow, so that should free up my schedule a bit. I'll try to do as much Shakespeare reading as I can during these two weeks. Anyone have a goal which I should set for myself? Don't say the whole canon, or I'll disown you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The whole canon! There, you can disown me now (finally).
So, wait, let me get this straight. You have a Real Life? And it has Stuff? Oh, yeah, wait. I guess some of that stuff is actually me. So did I just question my own existence? Never fear, I shall take refuge in Descarte: I am silly, therefore I am. Anyway, I doubt Henries is the correct plural. I offer three suggestions: Henrii, Henrien and Henria (although those last two are actually German plural suffixes, so they are perhaps, not at all likely).