Monday, April 14, 2008

Excuses for procrastination

So I realize that I haven't actually read a Shakespeare play in a while. That's not cool. The thing is, since I turned Shakespeare reading into a Project, it's become something that I'm actually putting off, which is crazy, because I like doing it, but I guess that's what happens whenever something becomes an assignment (even if self-imposed).

One way in which I don't read Shakespeare is by reading other things. Currently, I'm in the middle of several others. Here's a brief list, in case you're curious:
  • Foundation and Empire
  • The Seven Year Itch
  • Northanger Abbey
  • The Audacity of Hope
  • The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman
  • Hard Times
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
  • The Lord of the Rings
A rather eclectic bunch, there. (A couple are re-readings.) But once I get through those I'm gonna try to limit my non-Shakespeare reading to one, maybe two, books at a time. We'll see if I can actually do it!

Oh, and 3 Henry VI? Got a good beginning. Perhaps I shall read the rest of it tomorrow...

p.s. I might do the whole tragedy/comedy uberpost at some later date, but I'm not quite up for it now. Plus I'm not really sure if I have anything to say on the subject at this point.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interestingly enough, the three most recent blog entries in the list of blogs I read have all been about procrastination.

Bardolator said...

It's the weather. ;-)

Anonymous said...

that is alot of books to read at once. How do you do it?